I don’t know about you, but winter = binge watching time. It’s cold, it’s dark outside, and it’s a perfect time to snuggle under a warm blanket and watch some awesome tv with a cocktail or a glass of wine. I am self-admitted tv addict so I am gonna share with you 20 of my favorite shows you can binge watch on Netflix right now! Just a little forewarning, I love dark dramas and raunchy comedy. And all series descriptions are courtesy of Imdb. No sense in trying to reinvent the wheel.
Check out these shows to see a series from beginning to end.
1. Breaking Bad – “A chemistry teacher diagnosed with a terminal lung cancer, teams up with his former student, Jesse Pinkman, to cook and sell crystal meth.”
2. Weeds – “When a suburban mother turns to dealing marijuana in order to maintain her privileged lifestyle after her husband dies, she finds out just how addicted her entire neighborhood already is.”
3. Dexter – “A Miami police forensics expert moonlights as a serial killer of criminals whom he believes have escaped justice.”
4. The Killing – “A police investigation, the saga of a grieving family, and a Seattle mayoral campaign all interlock after the body of 17-year-old Rosie Larsen is found in the trunk of a submerged car.”
5. Rescue Me – “A dramedy that centers on the inner workings of 62 Truck, a New York City firehouse, and the personal and emotional battles of its members in a post-9/11 world.”
Picks from across the pond.
6. Luther – “A crime drama series starring Idris Elba as a near-genius murder detective whose brilliant mind can’t always save him from the dangerous violence of his passions.”
7. Sherlock – “A modern update finds the famous sleuth and his doctor partner solving crime in 21st century London.”
8. The Fall – “A psychological thriller that examines the lives of two hunters. One is a serial killer who stalks his victims in and around Belfast and the other is a talented Detective Superintendent from the MET who is brought in to catch him.”
9. Hinterland – “A noir crime drama set in Aberystwyth, Wales, where the knackered and troubled but intense DCI Tom Mathias in search for redemption, while solving hate crimes.”
10. The Office - “The story of an office that faces closure when the company decides to downsize its branches. A documentary film crew follow staff and the manager Brent as they continue their daily lives.”
Shows that are short, sweet, and will make you laugh.
11. The League – “A group of friends are in a fantasy football league. They battle between life and the computer.”
12. Maron – “Marc Maron has been a comedian for 25 years. He’s had his problems. He was an angry, drunk, self involved, twice divorced compulsive mess for most of his adult life, but with the popularity of a podcast he does in his garage and a life of sobriety, his life and career are turning around.”
13. Bob’s Burgers – The lives and times of the Belcher family, who own a burger restaurant in a seaside town.
14. Archer – “At ISIS, an international spy agency, global crises are merely opportunities for its highly trained employees to confuse, undermine, betray and royally screw each other.”
15. It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia - “Four young friends with big egos and slightly arrogant attitudes are the proprietors of an Irish bar in Philadelphia.”
Tried and True
You have probably heard of these shows. WATCH.THEM.
16. The Walking Dead – Zombie apocalypse. ‘Nuff said. And I am telling you to save yourself the time and buy season 5 NOW!!! Do not wait.
17. House of Cards (Netflix version) – “A Congressman works with his equally conniving wife to exact revenge on the people who betrayed him.”
18. Louie – “The life of Louis CK, a divorced comedian with two kids living in New York.”
19. Mad Men – “A drama about one of New York’s most prestigious ad agencies at the beginning of the 1960s, focusing on one of the firm’s most mysterious but extremely talented ad executives, Donald Draper.”
20. Arrested Development – “Level-headed son Michael Bluth takes over family affairs after his father is imprisoned. But the rest of his spoiled, dysfunctional family are making his job unbearable.”
What is your favorite binge watching show? Did I forget any?