This post may contain some affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission to help keep my blog up and running, but it won't cost you a penny more). For more information, please read my disclosure policy.
Why my 5-year-old doesn’t want kids, funny things kids say to parents!
Kids ask all sorts of questions: “Where do babies come from?” “Why does it rain?” “Why can’t we go to the park?” “Why can’t we go to the library?” “Why can’t we . . . ” The list could go on for an eternity. Harley really surprised me when she asked, “Mama, why did you want kids?” I mean, it isn’t a hard question to answer, but how do you convey your passion for wanting to start a family to a 5 year old little girl.
Well, Harley had her answer for why Mama and Papa wanted kids. But she still wasn’t satisfied. She had her own list of things on why you WOULDN’T want kids. I am not one to vent in front of my kids about the hardships of parenthood. My husband gets that privilege. But her clever little mind knows that some things about being a parent are just plain not fun.
1. No Relaxing. I guess I look like I need a vacation
2. No Quiet. I guess she doesn’t realize I have these little magic hearing devices that I can turn off it it gets too loud. One of the benefits of being hearing impaired.
3. You have to answer questions. Really? Ya don’t say.
4. You have to get up and make breakfast at 13 o’clock. Not in military time. That’s the earliest time she could think of.
5. You have to play. And that’s bad because?
6. You have to make campfires. I don’t “have” to do anything. You are just demanding, child.
I’m not sure where this notion of the un-fun part of parenthood came from, but despite of and because of all these reasons, my husband and I wanted a family. The early mornings, the laughs, the dinners, the family time. All of it, is worth it.
Thanks for stopping by!